0-0-7 + Pre-Emergent Herbicide (25 lb bag)
Regular price $47.99
This product is currently not available for delivery. Please try our Pickup option instead.
This product is currently not available in your area. Please call us at 888-360-1125 to check availability in your area, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Thanks!
This product is currently not available for pickup. Please call us at 888-360-1125, or email us at email@example.com with any questions.
Pre-emergent herbicide, when applied at the right times of year, will control weed populations before you see them. They do this by inhibiting seeds from forming roots, thus killing them as they germinate.
Eradicating weeds when they germinate is the most efficient way to control weed populations is lawns, flower beds, and even gravel driveways and walkways. It’s time-efficient and cost-effective, saving you months of combating weeds by mowing, weed whacking, hand pulling, digging, and from using costlier products to spray out weeds.
- 25 lb. bag covers 3,500 sq. ft.
- 50 lb. bags available for in store purchase.
- Contains 0-0-7 fertilizer plus Barricade pre-emergent herbicide
- No nitrogen makes it safe to apply to dormant warm season lawns (Bermuda, Centipede, Zoysia) in winter and autumn
Use our yellow walk-behind spreader to distribute this granular product.
When to apply pre-emergent herbicide:
- Apply to established lawns in late winter, early spring, and early fall to prevent weeds in Bermuda, Zoysia, and Centipede.
- For Tall Fescue lawns we recommend 16-4-8 fertilizer with pre-emergent in the cool months of fall (if not reseeding) and in winter.
- Apply in the morning before temperatures rise above 80 degrees; do not apply during the heat of the day.
- Apply it after one full growing season when your lawn in fully rooted in and you can no longer pull up areas of the sod, after you’ve mowed it at least three times, and after you can no longer see the seams.
When not to apply pre-emergent herbicide:
- When seeding lawns: Do not apply this product or any pre-emergent herbicide if you're planning on reseeding your lawn because it will inhibit germination of that seed too. If you have applied pre-emergent, wait 4 months before planting seeds.
- When laying new sod: Do not apply pre-emergent when laying sod because it will inhibit root formation in your new lawn too. Likewise, do not apply pre-emergent before laying new sod - if you have applied pre-emergent, wait 4 months before laying new sod.
- If you laid warm season sod in autumn, chances are it will need one full growing season (summer) to root in and fill in the seams, thus skipping the winter and spring applications. If you laid sod in the autumn, here is a general application timetable:
Zoysia - Safe to apply after Zoysia sod is 12 months old
Centipede - Safe to apply after Centipede sod is 12 months old
Bermuda* - Safe to apply after Bermuda sod is 6 months old
Tall Fescue - Safe to apply after Tall Fescue is 4 months old
*TifTuf Bermudagrass is the quickest sod to establish and beats expectations for filling in the seams. If you lay the TifTuf Bermudagrass variety late summer and it’s fully rooted in and no seams are visible, it’s safe to apply the winter application of pre-emergent herbicide.